Partners Against Mortality in Epilepsy (PAME) is a powerful, growing collaboration among health care providers, clinical researchers, basic scientists, public health officials, patient advocates, caregivers, bereaved families, and people living with epilepsy. This range of stakeholders come together with a common goal of improving our understanding of and working to prevent epilepsy-related forms of mortality, including suicide, accidents, and status epilepticus, and with a strong focus on Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP).
The 2022 PAME Conference will take place on December 1, 2022, in conjunction with the AES Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN. In addition, Families affected by epilepsy and advocates are invited to attend a special advocacy and family-focused afternoon session Wednesday, November 30th.
- Critically evaluate the incidence, risk factors, and prevention strategies for mortality in epilepsy
- Describe the progress made and future directions for research regarding mortality in epilepsy
- Provide opportunities for networking and collaborations among stakeholders, including people with epilepsy, researchers, families, clinicians, and advocates
- To be a welcoming gathering place of comfort and information for those who have lost a loved one
- Gain skills in advocacy to build public awareness and impact public policy regarding epilepsy mortality
- Encourage early-career investigators to study causes of mortality in epilepsy