SAVE THE DATE for PAME’s 2023 Conference
This year’s PAME conference will be held in Orlando, Florida, on Thursday, November 30that the Rosen Center Hotel. We will also hold a special session for bereaved families and advocates on Wednesday, November 29th, the day before the conference. A welcome reception for all conference attendees follows that evening. Registration opens this summer!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
PAME is collecting abstract submissions through the AES Annual Meeting abstract submission portal. Please select “yes” to indicate desire for your abstract to be considered for PAME when completing the submission form.
Abstracts will be considered from all investigators doing epidemiological, basic, translational, or clinical research on any aspect of mortality in epilepsy. All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters at the PAME meeting and must follow the AES Annual Meeting policies including authors, length, and abstract submission fees (AES Abstract Submission Guidelines). If you would like to submit an abstract to be considered for PAME only, please email PAME@aestnet.org for instructions. The deadline to submit an abstract for consideration for PAME is June 8, 2023.
Accepted abstracts from early career investigators will be considered for the prestigious PAME Spotlight Research Award. The winners of this annual award will be recognized during the meeting and will receive a $500 stipend.
Please direct questions on PAME abstracts to email@example.com or PAME@aesnet.org.
- Critically evaluate the incidence, risk factors, and prevention strategies for mortality in epilepsy
- Describe the progress made and future directions for research regarding mortality in epilepsy
- Provide opportunities for networking and collaboration among stakeholders, including people with epilepsy, researchers, families, clinicians, and advocates
- To be a welcoming gathering place of comfort and information for those who have lost a loved one
- Gain skills in advocacy to build public awareness and impact public policy regarding epilepsy mortality
- Encourage early-career investigators to study causes of mortality in epilepsy